We are excited to have people back in our building safely. Here are the current guidelines we have in place for JBC after a vote agreed upon by our Diaconate. For any further questions, please contact our office.
· Weekly sign-up services for up to 60 seats will start on August 1, 2021
· An usher team with a health check at the door will be in place
· Masks are required for all guests whether vaccinated or not
· We will ask everyone to socially distance outside of their pods
· We will ask if people are vaccinated in the sign up process but we will not require verification
· The pulpit shield will remain in place for the speaker
· The band will continue to be masked
· People are asked to either not sing or sing quietly
· Children programs and child care will resume in September
· Food fellowship in the gym will likely not resume until September
· Saturday Special (our community outreach program to families with special needs) may meet in the gym beginning in September but all volunteers and participants must be vaccinated with a health check system in place upon entering the building.
· A decision for Sports meetings in the gym will be considered no sooner than September
· We are considering alternative, safe and outdoor gatherings in the summer outside of Sunday worship
For further information about King County guidelines for faith communities, please visit this link.
The leadership at JBC has chosen to approach re-opening with an abundance of caution so we recognize we are well under the guidelines listed by King County and Washington state. We have a very diverse group of people in background and age group so we are trying to ensure that everyone feels safe and heard as they transition to this new season of attending church.